I had been wanting to bake a cake for a long time; And it finally happened. This easy peasy banana chocolate cake could be easily made if you have got all the ingredients at hand. I was totally happy with the spongy texture and yummy taste. Do give it a try; you would love it 😀
Banana Chocolate Cake
- 4 small ripened bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar See Notes
- 1/2 cup olive oil can use butter as well
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tbsp choco chips
- In a mixer, blend the 4 bananas and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Pour it in a big mixing bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Add 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Sieve and add 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- Next, sieve and add 1/2 cup of coco powder.
- Add 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 cup water and mix it well.
- Mix it well until there are no lumps. Add 1/4 cups of chopped nuts of your wish.
- In a cake tray, coat it with oil, and pour the cake batter. Garnish it with 2 tbsp choco chips.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180"C for 10 minutes.
- Next, bake the cake for 20-25 mins in 180"C. Take it out and prick it with a tooth pick to check the cake is baked.
- Cool the cake and cut it into pieces. It is done.
- You can add less sugar according to your banana sweetness.
- You can also add jaggery instead of sugar.