An healthy and delicious dish made out of beans and lentils.
I was not a huge fan of beans ( well, never a fan 😛 ) but recently, starting having it and trying out different ways to cook them. And this is one such dish which I love. I got introduced to this from various feeds in Insta, and have altered it according it to my taste.
Do give it a try, you would love it 🙂
Beans Paruppu Usili
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1/4 cup channa dal
- 5 red chillies
- 1 tsp hing
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 onion medium sized; chopped finely
- 2 cups beans chopped finely
- 1/2 turmeric powder
- Soak 1/4 cup channa dal and 1/4 cup toor dal for 2 hours.
- In a mixer, blend the soaked dals, 3 red chilli, 1 tsp hing and salt. ( Don't add water )
- In a steamer, steam the mix for 10 mins in high flame.
- When it cools down, fluff the mix nicely with a spoon.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 spring curry leaves, 2 red chilli and let it splutter.
- Add 1 chopped onion, and fry till it becomes translucent.
- Next, add the steamed lentils and fry till it becomes brown.
- Next add 2 cups of chopped beans, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, salt and fry it for 7-8 mins in medium flame.
- When the beans shrink, it is done.
- Beans : Dal should be in the ratio of 2 : 1/2 cups. You can vary accordingly to your taste as well.