An easy peasy cutlet made with beetroot, ragi as binder and coated with oats – tasty as well as healthy 😀
I have paired it with mint-cilantro chutney and this combo was an absolute delight with a burst of flavours.
Do give it a try, you would love it 😀
- 1 beetroot large sized; grated and squeezed
- 1 potato boiled and mashed
- 1 onion medium sized, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 cup ragi powder
- 3 tbsp oats grounded
- 2 tbsp oil
- Grate the beetroot and squeeze the juice completely.
- Also boil the potato and mash it nicely.
- In a bowl, add the grated beetroot, boiled and mashed potato, 1 chopped onion, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp ginger powder, 3/4 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chat masala, salt and mix it well
- Add 1/4 cup of ragi powder and make it to a dough.
- Rest the dough for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, grind 3 tbsp of oats and get the oats powder ready.
- Take the dough and make it to a cutlet shaped one or any shape of your desire.
- Coat it well with oats powder on both the sides
- In a hot pan, add 1 tsp oil, and add the cutlet
- Cook on both the sides for around 7-8 mins in medium flame. It is done
- You can use microwave the potato to get it done easily. Microwave for around 4-5 mins and mash it.
- You can use normal all-purpose flour instead of ragi flour
- You can use bread crumbs instead of oats flour
- You can use ginger-garlic paste instead of powder.
- Adjust the proportion of ragi powder if you feel the dough is too watery.