I love kadhi because of its thick texture and tangy taste which goes very well with chapathis and hot rice.
Adding ladies finger elevates the taste of plain kadhi. You can very well have plain kadhi as well.
Do give it a try, you would love it 🙂
For Kadhi Mixture
- 1 cup thick curd
- 1/2 cup besan
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp oil
- 8-10 ladies finger chopped
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp hing
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli
- In a bowl, whisk 1 cup curd, 1/2 cup besan, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 cup water.
- Mix it well without any lumps.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil and fry the ladies finger for 5-6 mins in medium flame until the stickiness is gone. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp jeera, 1 tsp fenugreek seeds, 1/2 tsp hing, 1 inch chopped ginger, 1 spring curry leaves and fry them until ginger gets brown.
- Next, add the kadhi mixture and cook in medium flame until it starts boiling.
- Add the fried ladies finger, 2 cups of water, salt and again cook in medium flame until it starts boiling.
- Then cook in low flame for 10 mins until the raw smell goes away.
- In a pan, temper 1 tsp cumin seeds and 2 red chillies and switch off the flame. Add 1/2 tsp of chilli powder and mix it well.
- Add the tempering with the kadhi mix at the end. It is done.