Tangy and spicy gravy made of chickpeas which can be paired with chapathi as well as rice.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 potato
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 green chillies
- 1/4 cup corainder / mint can use either or both
- 2 tbsp corainder powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp kasturi methi
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Soak 1 cup channa (chickpeas) overnight.
- Pressure cook channa and potato in cooker adding little salt until soft. I cooked it for 4 whistles
- In a pan add 1 tsp oil, and bay leaf. Next add 2 onions and fry till light brown
- Next add 1 mashed potato and mix well.
- Grind 2 tomatoes, 1 green chillies, ginger and 1/4 cup corainder leaves/mint.
- Add this mixture and the masala powders ( 2 tbsp corainder, 1 tbsp red chilli, 1 tbsp garam, 1/4 tsp turmeric). Mix till it leaves oil.
- Add the boiled channa. mix well
- Add water (you can also add the water in which we boiled channa) according to the consistency required
- Boil the channa for 10 minutes in low flame or pressure cook for 1 whistle. Garnish with kasturi methi and 1/2 tsp lemon juice. It is done!
- You can skip adding potato as well but adding potato enhances the taste.