One of my favorite kootus of all time – chow chow kootu.
So easy to make, and taste delicious. Tried this out using sambar powder unlike the usual method following rakskitchen recipe and it turned yummy.
Do try it out, you would love it 🙂
Chow Chow Kootu
- 1 chow chow medium sized; chopped
- 1/4 cup moong dal
- 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp coconut grated
- 1 tsp jeera
- 4 shallots chopped
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 spring curry leaves
- In a pressure cooker, add the chopped chow chow, 1 tsp sambar powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt.
- Add 1/4 cup moong dal, 1 cup water and pressure cook it for 3 whistles in high flame.
- Let the pressure out, it is cooked fully.
- Grind 3 tbsp grated coconut, 1 tsp jeera with 3 tbsp water.
- Add the mix to the dal-chow chow and cook it in low flame for 2 mins.
- In a pan, temper 1 tsp ghee, 1 tsp mustard seeds,1 tsp urad dal, 1 spring curry leaves, 4 chopped shallots.
- Pour the tempering over the mix. It is done.