It is an easy-peasy mushroom gravy which comes handy in busy days. You just need to blend everything and let it boil and cook them.
Adding coconut milk enhances the flavor nicely to this dish.
You can also try using the same gravy base and add any other vegetable / eggs for the gravy.
Do give it a try, you would love it 😀
Coconut milk mushroom gravy
- 1 onion medium sized
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 1/2 tsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tomato medium sized; blended
- 7-8 mushrooms chopped
- 1/3 cup thin coconut milk
- 1 tsp coriander chopped nicely
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- In a blender, add 1 medium onion, 6 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger, 2 green chilli, 1/2 tsp pepper corns, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds and coarsely grind them.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, add the blended paste and cook for 5 mins in medium flame until the raw smell goes away.
- Next blend 2 tomatoes and add in the pan.
- Add 1 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, salt and let it cook for 10 mins in medium flame.
- Next, add chopped mushrooms and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add 1/3 cup thin coconut milk and cook for 5 mins in medium flame.
- Add 1 tsp chopped coriander. It is done.
- Don't add water for this gravy. Mushroom releases water. And also make sure to use ripen tomatoes.
- You can add more green chilli if you want it to be spicy. I made it in normal spicy level.