When I am running out of time or in a lazy mode to cook, vermicelli comes in handy. It gets cooked very soon and the taste is yum as well.
I keep trying out different variants, and this one cooked in coconut milk has been my favorite so far. It is delicious with burst of flavors. Do give it a try if you like coconut milk based pulaos like me 😀
Coconut Milk Vermicelli Pulao
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion medium sized, chopped
- 1 tomato medium sized, puree
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies can use frozen also
- 1/2 cup vermicelli roasted
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil. Saute 1 tsp jeera, 1 clove, 3 chopped garlic cloves.
- Next add 1 chopped onion, and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add 1 tomato puree to the mix and let it boil until oil separates.
- Next add 1/2 cup mixed vegetables of your choice and mix it well.
- Then add 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and cook for 4-5 mins in medium flame until veggies are cooked.
- Next add 1/2 cup roasted vermicelli and give it a stir
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook for 4-5 in medium flame until water evaporates.
- Let it cool for 5-10 mins. It reduces the stickiness and separates well. It is done.
- You can increase the spice level ( garam masala and chilli powder ) according to your taste.
- You can also add a mix of 1/4 cup coconut milk + 1/4 cup water ) instead of 1/2 cup coconut milk totally.