I usually order cream of mushroom soup when I go to restaurants and able to recreate them at home was like a treasure to me 😀
I adapted and followed this recipe from Dassana’s mam blog. Click here to view the original recipe. Thanks to Dassana mam ! 🙂
Do give it a try, it tastes yum and I am sure you would love it 😀
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped finely
- 1/3 cup onion chopped finely
- 200 gm mushroom
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream optional
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp chopped garlic, 1/3 cup chopped onion and fry till onions become translucent.
- Next, add the mushrooms mix them well and cook for 7-8 mins in medium flame. Mushrooms leave water, cook till all whole of water is evaporated. So be patient in this step 🙂
- Add 1 tbsp of wheat flour and mix them. Cook for 3-5 mins until it gets cooked well along with the mushroom.
- Add 1 tsp of crushed pepper and mix them well.
- Add 3/4 cup of water and mix it well.
- Next add 3/4 cup of milk along with the mix.
- Add salt and boil it in medium flame for 7-8 mins until milk froths.
- Add 2 tbsp of cream and mix them well and cook for 2-3 mins in medium flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and it is done.
- You can garnish with herbs at the end. To elevate the taste. I preferred to have the mushroom essence in the soup ( which is awesome 😀 ) so didn't add any here.
- The soup tastes good even without the cream, since the milk thickens in the essence of the mushroom, so you can very much skip them if you are diet conscious.