A tangy and spicy egg-drop curry to go along with white rice. I usually make gravy out of coconut based but this one was out of tamrind base and I wanted to try it out.
I came across this dish in @muneeramohaideen instagram channel.
She provided me the recipe and I tried it out over the weekend. This curry was out of world when served with hot white rice, I loved it ! Click here to view the original recipe link.
Egg Drop Curry
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp jeera
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 onion medium sized, chopped
- 3 shallots chopped
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tomatoes chopped, small sized
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp corainder powder
- tamrind extract half lemon sized extract
- 3 eggs
- Soak half lemon sized tamrind in warm water for 10 minutes and get the tamrind extract.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp jeera, 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder, 1 chopped medium onion, 3 chopped shallots and 5 crushed garlic cloves.
- Fry them till onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Next, add 2 chopped tomatoes and fry them until it becomes mushy.
- Next add 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the tamrind extract, required water and boil for 4-5 mins.
- Break open 3 eggs in the gravy and cook them in sim for 10 mins without mixing.It is done.