I tried Eggplant fry with my new lodgecastiron pan 😁
I wanted to try this cast iron for a long time as I like to have lots of veggies charred and crispy without using oil. And after the first use, I definitely liked it 😁
- 2 eggplants
- 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Slice two eggplants evenly in circular shapes.
- Heat the cast iron pan, and then add 1/2 tsp oil. (Alternatively you can also a non-stick pan)
- Next add the eggplants, allow it to shrink and wait till the color changes.
- At this stage, add 1 tsp sambar powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and salt.
- Allow it to char completely on both the sides in medium flame. It is done!