Wheat Garlic Butter Naan with channa masala.
Had this soul satisfying restaurant style lunch at home quite long back and I had to blog the recipe 😬
I followed @aishwarya_vinodh ka recipe for naan and it came out perfect. I totally loved the texture of the naan. They were so soft and the best part was – this naan was made out of wheat – so healthy and could be had guilt free 😬
For channa masala, I did it in my usual method by following my recipe. I added freshly grounded corainder powder and it greatly enhanced the taste of the channa masala 🤩
Do give it a try, you would love the naan as well as the combo ! 😬
Garlic Wheat Naan
- 1.5 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped finely
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped finely
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, add 1.5 cups wheat flour, 1/2 cup curd, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp baking soda, salt and mix it into a soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 20 mins and make balls out of it.
- Dust the stone with flour and roll out the naan in elongated shape.
- Add chopped garlic, chopped coriander leaves, few sesame seeds on top side and roll it slightly
- Apply water on the back side of the rolled dough.
- And place the naan on a hot tawa with the water applied side facing downwards.
- Cook in medium flame. Once bubble starts coming out on the top side, remove it from the pan and place it directly on the stove; I use electric stove, so I have placed it on top of the wire mesh.
- Cook for 3-4 mins until whole naan is cooked.
- Brush the naan with ghee once removed from the stove.
- Serve it hot. It is done
- Use warm water while making the dough, it helps in making the dough softer.
- Mix the dough for around 10-12 mins, so that it would become soft.
- Make sure to not roll the dough very thin or very thick - it should be of medium thickness.