A flavorful and instant rasam made out of fresh ground spices which would come handy on any day ! 🙂
Do give it a try, you would love it 🙂
- 1.5 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilli slit
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 tsp hing
- 1 tomato big and ripen
- 2 cup water
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- Coarsely grind 1.5 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp jeera, 1 tsp pepper corns, 3 garlic cloves with 1-2 tsp of water
- In a pan, add the mix, 1 tsp tamarind paste, 1/2 tsp hing, 3 garlic cloves, 2 slit green chillies, 1 hand mashed ripen tomato.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt and boil it in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Add 1 spring of curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves at the end. ( Optional - You can also temper 1 tsp jeera in ghee/oil and add it over the rasam ). It is done.
- Make sure to use fresh ground spices to get the aromatic taste.
- My mom always hand mashes the tomatoes and adds it in rasam instead of chopping them; it increases the flavor of the rasam.
- Rasam tastes good even without the tempering 😀