A sweet, halwa, made out of white pumpkin ( ashgourd ) is an easy delicacy and is a melt in mouth recipe 😀
I followed the recipe of Chef Venkatesh bhat and it turned out perfect.
Next time, you get pumpkin, do give it a try, you would love it 😀
- 250 gm pumpkin grated
- 100 gm sugar
- pinch saffron color
- pinch salt
- 1.5 tbsp ghee
- 5-6 cashew nuts
- Grate 250gm white pumpkin and squeeze the water out. Keep the grated pumpkin and water separately.
- In a pan, add the pumpkin water and bring it to boil.
- Next add the grated pumpkin and cook in medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- Add 100 gm sugar (See Notes) and give it a nice stir.
- Add a pinch of the saffron color and cook it for 4-5 mins.
- Next add a pinch of salt, 1 heaped tbsp ghee and cook it in medium flame for 7-10 mins until the ghee gets fused and it comes to halwa consistency. Make sure to keep stirring to avoid getting burnt.
- In a tempering pan, add 1/2 tbsp ghee and fry cashews in low flame for 2-3mins. Add them in the halwa. It is done.
- Sugar should be equal to the amount of water squeezed solid pumpkin amount. You can add/reduce based on your taste