Keerai Sambar is one of the easiest and protein rich sambar which goes well with rice, idly, dosa as well as chapathis.
I was introduced to this dish when I came to Singapore and one of my roommates used to cook this almost every other day since it was easy for her 😛 Got stuck to me as well and I prepare this flavorful sambar every now and then in my menu. Do give it a try, you would love it 🙂
- 1/2 cup toor dal
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 onion medium sized, chopped
- 1 tomato medium sized, chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Pressure cook 1/2 cup toor dal with 3 cups of water for 5-6 whistles and mash it nicely.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp jeera and 4 chopped garlic cloves and fry them well.
- Next, add 1 chopped onions and fry them well till onions become translucent.
- Add 1 chopped tomatoes and give it a stir.
- Add 1 cup chopped spinach, 1 tsp sambar powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, required salt and cook it well until the spinach shrinks.
- Next, add the cooked toor dal in the mix and boil it well for 6-8mins in low flame.
- Add water to adjust the consistency. It is done.