This delicious Kerala Egg Curry is the recipe of my close friend Reshma. Perks of having a mallu friend 😀 She used to cook this for me while both of us used to work in Bangalore few years back. We used to meet during the weekends just to cook, eat and relax 😛 Good old days 😀
This goes well with Chapathis and also along with rice. A perfect, easy peasy recipe for your lunch menu.
Do give it a try, you would love it 🙂
Kerala Egg Curry
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 clove
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 onions medium sized, sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, 1 clove, 1 cinnamon and 1 tsp fennel seeds and temper.
- Add 2 sliced onions and saute them.
- Next, add the ginger-garlic paste and the green chillies. And saute the mix in medium flame until onions are caramelized. This step is very important.
- Add 1 chopped tomato and mix it in medium flame until tomato becomes mushy.
- Add 1 tsp coriander powder, 3/4 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and mix it well.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of water ( enough water for the mix to immerse ) and allow it to boil in medium flame for 4-5 mins.
- Slit the boiled eggs around 4 corners and add it in the mix. Give it a stir.
- Cook in low flame for 3-4 mins. Garnish with coriander leaves at the end. It is done.
- Add onions : tomato in the ratio of 2:1
- Original recipe asked for egg masala; I replaced it with garam masala which was equivalently tasty.