A perfect breakfast / dinner option if you are looking for something light and different and delicious 😀
This idly is made of moong dal ( no rice ), makes it healthier than the usual ones. I made this recipe inspired from Hebbar’s kitchen recipe.
Do give it a try, you would definitely love it 🙂
Moong Dal Idly
- 1/3 cup moong dal
- 3 tbsp curd
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp channa dal
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 inch chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp grated carrots optional
- 1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp Eno Salt
- Soak 1/3 cup moong dal for 2 hours; Then drain the water and blend it in a mixer nicely.
- In a pan, temper 1/2 tsp mustard, 1/2 tsp urad dal, 1/2 tsp channa dal, 1 spring curry leaves, hing, 1 inch chopped ginger. Cook until all the dal is roasted nicely.
- Add 2 tbsp grated carrots and saute it for 1 min.
- In a bowl, mix blended moong dal, 3 tbsp curd and carrot mix.
- Add 1 tsp chopped coriander, hing, salt and mix it well.
- While you are about to cook, add 1/2 tsp Eno salt and mix it well
- The idly batter is now ready.
- Grease the idly plate with oil, pour the batter and cook for 15 mins in medium flame.
- It is done. Serve it hot with any chutney.