Moong Dal Khichdi
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup moong dal
- 1/2 cup veggies can use frozen as well
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp hing
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 inch ginger sliced
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- Soak 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup moong dal for 10 mins.
- Pressure cook 1/2 cup of veggies ( I used frozen) along with rice, moong daal, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp hing, 4 cups of water and salt for 3 whistles.
- Once cooked mash it well.
- In a separate pan, temper 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin.
- Next add 1 inch sliced ginger, 2 chopped green chillies.
- Once fried, add 1 chopped tomato and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Make sure not to make the tomato too mushy. It is done at this state.
- Add the pressure cooked mix and stir it for 2 mins in low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. It is done.
- Adding more water makes the khichdi mushy. You can add 3 cups instead of 4 if you like the khichdi dry.
- I have served with potato coin fry for this khichdi.