Mushroom briyani is my favorite briyani. It is definitely on my mom’s menu everytime I go home. This is my mom’s recipe and never goes wrong for me 🙂
- 1 cup rice
- 10-12 button mushroom sliced
- 1 onion medium sized, chopped
- 2 tomatoes big sized, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1/4 cup mix of corainder and mint leaves
- 1 tbsp garam masala can also use briyani masala instead
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- briyani spices bay leaves, clove
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp ghee. Once it is hot, add 1/2 tsp fennel seeds and all the briyani spices and saute.
- Next add 1/4 cup of corainder and mint leaves and saute well.
- Next add 1 chopped onion, 10 garlic cloves and 2 slit green chillies. Saute till it is transparent.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and mix for 30 seconds.
- Then add 2 tomatoes and saute till are mushy.
- Then add the 1 tbsp garam masala and salt.
- Next add mushroom and saute them. Mushroom leaves water, so don't add any extra water at this stage.
- After 2 mins, add rice and water. ( 1 : 1 water consistency - depends on the rice you use). I used basmati rice here.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle and then for 5 mins in low sim.
- Let it release in natural pressure and serve hot. It is done.