Piping hot Chettinad Mushroom briyani with chilled onion raita ! 😁
Adapted @cookingfromheart recipe for the briyani and it came out yum ! The taste was definitely like the ones we have at restaurant.
I have updated my making version here. Do give it a try, you would love it 🙂
Mushroom Chettinad Briyani
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp hung curd
- 1/2 cup coriander + mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup basmati rice soaked for 20 mins
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- In pan, add 1 tbsp oil, add 1 cup chopped onion and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp coriander powder 3 tbsp hung curd, 1/2 cup chopped coriander, mint leaves, 1/2 cup fried onions, salt and mix well.
- Let the marinate to rest for 30 mins.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp ghee, 1 bay leaf, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon and temper for a minute.
- Next, add the mushroom mix and cook for 3-4 mins in medium flame.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup water and let it come to boil.
- Add the soaked basmati rice, and cook in the lowest flame for 15-20 mins or until all the water is evaporated.
- At the end, garnish with the remaining fried onions and 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves. Add 1 tbsp ghee at this stage and fluff the briyani with fork. It is done