A lip smacking egg salna which can be prepared in 15 – 20 mins in a busy day. This goes well with chapathi, parotta and even with hot rice.
I adapted this recipe from Mullai’s egg salna recipe. Thanks to her 🙂
In this pic, I have paired it with parotas making it an ideal dinner recipe.
- 3 shallots or 1 medium sized onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp jeera
- 4 tbsp grated coconut ~ 1/4 cup
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- In a blender, add 3 shallots, 4 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger, 1 tsp pepper corns, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp jeera, 4 tbsp grated coconuts and make a fine paste.
- In a pan, add 2 tsp oil, splutter the curry leaves.
- Then add the blended paste, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook it in medium flame for 5-6 mins until the raw smell goes off.
- When the oil separates, add 2 hard boiled eggs, cook for 2-3 mins in medium flame. It is done.
- You can add more chilli powder if you want it to be spicy.