Khichdi is easy to make dish but becomes boring after a point of time. This khichdi in the ratio of spinach : rice : dal of 1: 1/4: 1/4 is a healthy variation of it and super tasty as well!
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 onion small sized, chopped
- 1 tomato big sized, chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Soak the 1/4 cup rice and 1/4 cup toor dal for 10 minutes.
- Pressure cook the rice and dal with 3 cups water. Once cooked, mash them well.
- Blend and make a puree of the spinach with 1/4 cup water. I used mixer for this step.
- Saute 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp jeera, sliced ginger and onions. Fry till onion becomes light brown.
- Then add the tomato and fry till it becomes mushy.
- Next add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp cumin powder , 1 tsp garam masala and required salt.
- Add the spinach puree to the mix and let it boil for 5-7 mins in medium flame.¼
- Next add the rice-dal mix and saute for 2 mins in low flame. It is done.
- You can use any rice variety for this recipe. I used raw ponni rice.