Made out of cottage cheese and spinach, this accompanies well with hot rice as well chapathis.
- 1 cup spinach can include the stem also
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp cream can use milk instead; add more 5 tbsp if using milk
- Boil water, and then soak the spinach inside it for 3-4 mins; then immediately soak them in normal water.
- Made a puree of spinach, 1 tomato, 2 garlic cloves, 2 green chillies, 1/2 inch ginger.
- Temper oil with 1 tsp cumin. Add chopped 2 garlic cloves, 1 chopped onion and fry them till they shrink.
- Next add the puree and let it boil for 10 mins.
- Next add 1/2 tbsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder along with salt.
- Next add 2 tbsp of cream ( else add 5 tbsp of milk ) and boil for 2 mins.
- Next add fresh paneer cubes and let it boil for 3-4 mins. Done !
- I use milk most of the times and it turns out equally good.
- In step 1, soaking the spinach in normal water helps in retaining its green color.