A spicy delicious potato curry to pair up with any of South-Indian Thali.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 onion medium sized, sliced
- 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- Boil the potatoes ( You can pressure cook the potatoes with 2 cups water for 2 whistles or you can boil them in boiling water for 10 mins )
- Temper 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds crackle, add 1 long sliced onion and fry till they are translucent
- Next add 1 tsp sambar powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, salt and mix them well.
- Then add the boiled potatoes and fry for 2 mins in medium flame.
- At this stage, add 2-3 tbsp of water if you feel the mix is too dry.
- Fry them for 4-5 mins in medium flame till the skin of the potatoes are roasted golden brown. It is done.