One of my favorite combos on the plate –
- Ragi Idly
- Mint-tomato chutney
Have been trying to incorporate different millets in my daily diet and ragi is one of the easily available millets. Otherwise known as finger millets – it comes with lots of health benefits.
For this recipe, I followed the proportion by @_atinyfeast Vasu ka and it came out super soft and fluffy.
Do give it a try, you guys would love it 😀
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup idly rice
- 1 cup ragi flour
- Soak 1/2 cup urad dal with 1 tsp fenugreek seeds for 3 hours
- Soak 1/2 cup idly rice for 3 hours
- During the soaking time, cool around 1 bowl of water.
- Grind urad dal, fenugreek seeds first with cool water, pour it in a bowl.
- Next grind the idly rice with cool water and pour it in the bowl.
- Add 1 cup of ragi flour, salt and mix it nicely with hand.
- Let it ferment overnight for 12 hours.
- Pour the batter in idly maker and steam them for around 10-12 mins. It is done.
- Ratio is 2:1:1 of ragi:idly rice:urad dal
- Using cool water, makes the job easier while grinding, especially while grinding in mixie