A delicious payasam made out of vermicelli. Easy available ingredients makes this a anyday-go-to-sweet in my household 😀
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 10-12 cashews
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 1 cup sugar can insuse jaggery as well
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp ghee. Once it is hot fry 10-12 cashews in medium flame until cashews become light brown. Keep the cashews aside.
- Fry 1 cup vermicelli in the same ghee and once it becomes golden brown, add 2 cups of water and allow it to boil in medium flame until vermicelli became soft. Around 4-5 minutes.
- Next add 1 cup sugar ( can add 1 cup jaggery instead as well) and allow it to melt completely.
- Next add 1 cup milk and boil it until the mix becomes think.
- Garnish it with the cashews at the end. It is done.