I tried out strawberry muffins for the first time over the weekend and they came out pretty spongy and nice 🙂
Infact baking the muffins was the first time for me, so I went ahead with the safe choices of all-purpose flour and white sugar. Will try out the healthier versions using wheat flour and keep you guys posted soon 😀
Do try the recipe, it was a quick, easy and a moist muffin. The perks of own baking is, you are self-aware of ingredients and you tend to keep your intake in control 🙂
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1.1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberry chopped
- In a bowl, mix 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 egg, 1/3 cup milk and mix it well.
- Next add 1.1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt and mix it.
- Make sure there are no lumps and mix it well.
- Add 1 cup of chopped strawberries to the mix.
- Rest the mix for 5 mins.
- Pre-heat the oven at 190"C for 10 mins.
- Coat the muffin pan with oil, pour the batter and bake it at 190"C for 25 mins or until the top fluff ens up.
- Cool it for 10 mins before removing. It is done.
- You can add 1 tsp vanilla essence as well if you want to elevate the smell and taste.
- You can also try with whole wheat as well as with jaggery for a healthier version.