Yummy tiffin sambar which goes well with Idly and Dosas.
I came across this recipe in Instagram by @colorsonyourplate and tried it out. It was one of the delicious sambar I have had 😀 Thanks to Seetha mam 🙂
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 red chillies
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 10 shallots chopped
- 2 tomatoes big sized, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sambar powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tbsp besan
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp jaggery powder
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp corainder leaves chopped
- In a pan, temper 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp fenugreek seeds, 2 red chillies, 2 green chillies, 1 spring curry leaves and the 10 shallots.
- Fry them till the onions are translucent.
- Next, add 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp sambar powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp chilli powder, salt and fry them till tomatoes get mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add 1 cup warm water and mix the besan till they don't form lumps.
- In the tomato mix, add the besan mix and allow it to boil for 5-6 mins.
- Next, add 1 tsp fennel powder, 1 tsp jaggery powder, 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Boil for another 4-5 mins. Garnish with 1 tbsp chopped corainder leaves. It is done.