An easy, peasy tomato thokku which my mom makes.
It can be done easily in 15 mins and can be stored in a glass jar for a week – 10 days.
It goes well with rice/dosa/idly/chapathi/bread and what not. Do give it a try, you would love it 😀
- 4 tomatoes medium sized; ripen
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp tamrind paste optional
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/2 tsp hing
- Blend 4 tomatoes with 1 tsp chilli powder.
- In a pan, temper 2 tsp oil and 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds crackle, add the tomato puree and let it boil for 10 mins in medium flame. [ Optional - You can add 1/4 tsp tamrind paste if you feel tomatoes taste bland. ]
- Add 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder, 1/2 tsp hing , salt and let it boil for 5 mins in medium flame.
- It is done.