A sourashtrian dish, called as vangi budith – brinjal chutney is a great accompaniment for pongal, dosa/idly.
Brinjal gothsu is made in different ways in different regions, and this is our way of cooking it. A very simple dish, where you pressure cook all the ingredients and grind it, and you are done 😀
Do give it a try, you would love it 😀
- 3 brinjal
- 1 onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- tamrind pea sized
- 3 kashmiri chillis
- 1/2 tsp hing
- In a pressure cooker add all the ingredients - 3 brinjal, 1 onion and 3 tomatoes, curry leaves, coriander leaves, pea sized tamrind, 3 kashmiri chillis.
- Add hing, salt and enough water just to immerse the ingredients.
- Pressure cook in high flame for 2 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Grind just the ingredients coarsely ( Remove the excess water )
- Temper 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dal and add it to the grounded mix. It is done.
- You can adjust the number of chillis based on your spice level.