An absolute delish which goes very well with curd rice 😀
I happen to find this recipe few days back in sharmi passions and finally made it today.
It has a perfect balance of the spices flavour. Do give it a try, you would love it 😀
Vazhakkai Pepper Fry
- 1 raw banana chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 inch ginger
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp pepper corns
- Chop the bananas length wise and boil them in water for exactly 5 mins. Don't overcook them at this stage.
- Remove water and transfer them to mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt to the bananas and mix them well.
- Let the mix sit for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, grind 2 tbsp of grated coconut, 2 tsp pepper corns, 1 inch ginger, 6 garlic cloves with 2-3 tbsp water
- Grind it to a smooth paste.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 spring curry leaves and let it sputter.
- Add the bananas and cook for around 3 mins in medium flame
- Add the ground paste, and cook in medium flame until the bananas get roasted nicely on both the sides.
- It is done.