An easy dish which can be prepared at home in restaurant style.
I adapted this recipe from Chef Venkatesh bhat method; his trip and tricks helped in obtaining the perfect texture.
Do give it a try, you would love it 🙂
Veg Fried Rice
- 1/3 cup basmati rice
- 1/4 cup cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup veggies ( carrot + beans + capsicum ) chopped
- 1 tsp spring onion white chopped
- 1 tsp spring onion green chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce if normal soy sauce, add 1 tsp
- Soak 1/3 cup of basmati rice for 20 mins.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Once water is boiling hot, add the soaked rice, 1 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and cook for 4-5mins until is 70% cooked.
- Strain the water and keep the cooked rice aside.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped cabbage, 1 tsp chopped spring onion whites and saute for 2 mins.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped veggies ( carrot + beans + capsicum ), 1/2tsp sugar and saute for 4-5 mins in medium flame.
- Add 1 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce, salt and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the cooked rice and fry it in medium flame for 2 mins.
- Garnish with 1 tsp spring onion greens. It is done.
- Adding sugar helps in retaining the color of the vegetables.
- Don't overcook the rice; else it would become mushy.
- Here I have used purple cabbage; can use normal white cabbage as well.