An all time favorite, veg manchurian, a perfect side-dish for fried rice prepared with a healthy twist.
Instead of deep frying them, steamed them in panniyaram chatti and cooked in a healthier way.
Do give it a try, you would like it 😀
- 3/4 cup veggies ( carrot + beans + capsicum + cabbage ) chopped finely
- 1 onion medium sized; chopped
- 1/4 cup besan
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp spring onion white chopped
- 1 tsp spring onion green chopped
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a bowl, add 3/4 cup chopped veggies ( carrots, beans, capsicums and cabbage ), 1 chopped onions, 1/4 cup besan, 1/2 cup rice flour, 1tsp pepper, salt, 3 tsp water and mix well.
- Make small balls out of the mix and steam in panniyaram pan. Keep rotating them so that they are cooked evenly in all sides.
- Cook it in medium flame for 15 mins ( or until the balls are fried in all the sides )
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp spring onion white and fry.
- Add 1 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1 tbsp red chilli paste, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar and mix it well.
- Add 1/4 cup water, 1/2 tsp vinegar and boil in medium flame for 2 mins.
- Dissolve 1 tsp corn flour in 1 tbsp water. Add it in the mix. It would start becoming thick and glossy.
- Add the veg balls and saute it for 2 mins.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp spring onion green. It is done.
- Use a wok to make this recipe; I didn't have one, so did in this flat kadai.
- You can also deep fry the veg balls. I chose to steam them to be healthy.
- While steaming in panniyarm chatti, make sure to cook it evenly until brown; else the inner portion won't be cooked properly.