I wanted to try idly manchurian for a very long time; So this time I made some extra idlies exclusively for this and tried it out 😀 And they turned out really yum ! 🙂
Easy and delicious way to reuse your left-over idlies 🙂
I adapted this recipe from the one in Padhus Kitchen. Thanks to her 🙂
- 3 Idly
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion medium sized; chopped; square shaped
- 1 capsicum medium sized; chopped; square shaped
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour can use corn flour instead
- 1 tbsp spring onions green part; chopped
- Refrigerate 3 idlies over night and chop them into small pieces.
- In a bowl, add the idlies, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and 1 tsp rice flour.
- Mix them well and rest for 5 mins.
- In a pan, add 1.5 tbsp olive oil, idlies and fry them well in medium flame for 7-8 mins until it gets roasted well on all sides.
- Once roasted, keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add 1/2 tbsp oil, add 3 chopped garlic cloves and saute well.
- Next, add 1 chopped onions and fry till they become translucent.
- Add 1 chopped capsicum and fry for 2-3 mins in medium flame.
- Add 1 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp chilli sauce, salt and saute it well. Cook in medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- Mix 1 tsp of all-purpose flour in water, add it to the mix and cook in medium flame for 2-3 mins. It would start turning glassy.
- Next, add the fried idlies and mix it for 2 mins.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp chopped spring onions at the end. It is done.
- You can also deep fry the idlies. I chose shallow fry here to be healthy 🙂