One-Pot suda suda sambar saadham made out of healthy millets. This has become my go to dish for my quick lunches. Yummy and tummy filling lunch 😀
- 3/4 cup millets
- 1/4 cup toor daal
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 onion big sized, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato big sized, chopped
- 2 tsp tamrind extract
- 1 cup veggies
- 1.5 tsp sambar powder
- Soak 3/4 cup millets and 1/4 cup toor dal for 15 mins
- Saute 1 tsp oil wit 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 spring curry leaves, 1 chopped onions and 3 garlic cloves.
- Next add 1 chopped tomatoes, 2 tsp tamrind extract and cook till it becomes mushy.
- Next add 1 cup of your choice of vegetables and saute for 2 mins. I used carrots, beans here.
- Then add 1.5 tsp sambar powder, salt and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the soaked millets, dal and water with 4 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles and let the steam go off naturally. It is done.
- You can use any vegetables for this dish. Cauliflower, potato,carrot,beans, capsicum would be ideal and flavorful.