Palak Peas Pulao
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1-2 bay leaves, cloves, star anise
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup peas can use frozen as well
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup rice basmati
- Temper 1/2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp ghee,1 tsp jeera and the briyani masala items ( bay leaves, star anise, cloves )
- Next add 1 onion, and 2 slit green chillies and fry it well
- Next add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and 1/2 cup peas and mix them for 2-3 mins.
- Next add 1/2 cup chopped palak and mix them well.
- Add required salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 cup rice with 1.5 cup water and pressure cook them for 2 whistles. It is done!
- Can use normal ponni rice as well, it tastes equally good for this recipe. Alter the water quantity accordingly.